Monday, February 20, 2012

Washington and Beyond


After a day of rest, I find that I am ready to share my trip. 

I arrived on schedule Thursday and checked into my room just prior to dinner at 6:00 pm. At dinner, I met some wonderful folks who were ready to explore the city, so we walked the mall and visited several of the national monuments at night. I found myself wishing I had a good camera because the one I brought did not have a flash, and some of the monuments were not lit. I would like to thank Perry for his awesome tour guide skills, the walk was fun and educational. 

On Friday, there were meetings and food. The meetings were interesting, informative, and tiring. The food was excessive. I have attended many meetings, but I have never been to one where I was fed so well. There was a huge breakfast, a morning snack, a huge lunch, an afternoon snack, and a huge dinner. The food was delicious, and there were many options. I could always find something to satisfy my hunger. 

On Saturday, we finally got to the portion of the symposium that most interested me - actually meeting with my travel cohorts and a representative from my country of  travel. My travel companions were just as excited as I, and we all wanted to learn more about our host country. The speaker spoke swiftly, and I found that I often wanted to stop him and ask him to repeat himself. I restrained myself from such impudent behavior, but I was sorely tempted. This meeting left me with more questions than answers, so I will have to purchase some traveling books and do some research. He did instill me with the desire for my trip to speed. I can't wait to be in country experiencing the culture and meeting new people. 

 









No comments:

Post a Comment