Friday, June 29, 2012

On to India ... Out of Louisiana

As I pack for my trip, I keep thinking of things I might need. I know the baggage restrictions, but I really need to bring "this skirt" or "that shirt". I have fought this habit of packing too many clothes for years. I am afraid that I won't have anything to wear, so I try to stow away as much stuff as possible. This need to bring as much from home with me as I can must be some type of insecurity about leaving, but I can't figure it out. I don't really need all of this stuff; I just want it because it is familiar.

On this trip, I am supposed to discuss "my school environment" which requires an entirely different list of things than a personal trip would. I can't decide what to take at all, so I am taking two DVD's of football from Neville - the state championship game and a highlight reel. I think that the students will be much more impressed with the things our students enjoy than some boring discussion of demographics and teaching practices. I want to leave the students with an experience, and I think that they will understand the family that is Neville High School better if they see that family for themselves. There is no way I could do it justice on my own.

I leave tomorrow, so its really to late to change my plans now anyway. I wouldn't know where to start or stop.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, your students in India will love to see your students in Louisiana. To see their "peers" from another land helps to make this whole adventure real.

    ReplyDelete